If you’re located outside of Europe and don’t sell to Europe, the prices you see on Printful’s product pages don’t include applicable tax. The final price you pay will be different from the listed price and depend on where you ship your products.
We include the VAT in product prices you see on Printful’s product pages if:
- Your default selling preference is set to France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Spain, the UK, and Europe
- Your default selling preference is set to Worldwide, and you’re located in the European Union (EU), the UK, Norway, Switzerland, or Liechtenstein (we’ll check your IP address)
- You haven’t set up your default selling preferences but are located in the EU, the UK, Norway, Switzerland, or Liechtenstein (based on your IP address)
The VAT rate we’ll apply depends on your selected default selling preference:
|Default selling preference||VAT rate|
Depends on your IP address. If it belongs to a country in the EU, we’ll apply this country’s VAT rate. All VAT rates of EU countries are listed here.
If your IP address belongs to Norway, then we’ll apply 25% VAT, if to Switzerland or Liechtenstein, then we’ll apply 7.7% VAT.
If you haven’t set up any default selling preference, but your IP address belongs to a country in the EU, the UK, Norway, Switzerland, or Lichtenstein, we’ll use the VAT rate of this country.
If you don’t want the product prices on Printful’s product pages to include VAT, you can adjust your currency settings:
- Go to Dashboard and click on Preferences in the upper right corner
- In the drop-down menu, find Currency and click Edit
- If your site browsing currency is EUR, when the window opens you’ll be able to select whether you want to include or exclude VAT
- Select Excluding VAT and click Apply
Use our guide to set up your store’s taxes in three steps, plus learn more about the legal side of ecommerce!