Why do we hold orders?
We may place your order on hold due to print file problems, security concerns, address confirmation, or similar issues. In other words—whenever we need to verify something or require changes to the order.
How are holds removed?
Once you’ve updated your order, we review it to make sure everything is in check.
In some cases (typically for minor issues), we may let you remove the hold yourself. In this case, you’ll see a Remove hold button in your Printful Dashboard.
What should I do after my order is put on hold?
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your email or go to Orders in your Printful Dashboard and read the message.
- Once you know what’s the issue, adjust the order accordingly:
If you need to update your order—make the necessary changes to your order, then request hold removal. We’ll take a look at your update and remove the hold if all is good.
If you don’t need to update anything—respond to the original email to let us know about your decision. For example, this can happen when we just need to verify print file quality before sending the order to your customer.
Note: you can’t request Proceed as is for all hold types. For example, holds related to print file content and security data should be resolved so that your order matches Printful guidelines.
- We’ll review updated information and if all is good we’ll take your order off hold. If there is still something missing we’ll get in touch with you for further details.
Once you’ve done your part and we’ve reviewed the update, it’s only a matter of minutes until your order is back on track and on its way to your customer.
What happens if my order stays on hold for more than 30 days?
If your order stays on hold for over 30 days it’ll automatically be canceled and refunded. In this case, you’ll get a full refund transferred to your Printful Wallet. You can either use it on Printful products or withdraw your funds by going to Printful Dashboard > Billing > Prinftul Wallet and selecting Withdraw.
How can I reorder products from previously canceled orders?
Complete these steps to purchase items from a canceled order:
- Head to Printful Dashboard > Orders and filter out Canceled orders.
- Next, find the products you want to repurchase and select Copy order. All details are copied to a new purchase.
- Continue with the new order as usual. You can also tweak the order if you want to adjust some product details.