On January 14, 2021, we discontinued the Liquid Glitter Phone Cases and removed the product from our website. This decision was made after Printful became aware of the potential product safety hazards that may arise if the product is damaged.
The product contains a liquid and glitter that are floating in the plastic case, and are not meant to come into contact with skin or the digestive system. Whereas, if the phone case has been accidentally broken, there is a risk that the liquid contained inside the product may leak and come into contact with the skin which can cause skin irritation and burns. In case the liquid is swallowed or enters airways, it could potentially lead to serious injury requiring immediate medical attention, or even death.
Based on this information and out of an abundance of caution, Printful has decided to recall all Liquid Glitter Phone Cases for iPhone 7, 8, SE, X/XS, XR, XS Max in colors Pink, Gold, and Silver. The product was made on-demand and was sold online from August 8, 2019, until January 14, 2021.
Pictures of the product:
Here’s what you should do if you’ve sold and/or purchased these phone cases:
- Inform your customers about potential safety hazards and advise them to stop using and dispose of the Liquid Glitter Phone Cases they’ve purchased by throwing them out
- You can download this copy template that explains the recall and use it to inform your customers
- Dispose of any Liquid Glitter Phone Cases if you have any in your possession
- Printful will issue full refunds for this product. Please fill out the refund form here. After completing this form, you’ll get a refund in your Printful Wallet or your chosen billing method within approximately 2 weeks time
- You can also apply for a refund in case you ordered Liquid Glitter Phone Case for your personal use by filling out the same refund form here
- You can apply for a refund any time within the next 90 days, starting today, February 2, 2021
Contact Printful’s customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions