A CPF number is the Brazilian taxpayer registry ID and it’s checked at customs for all orders shipped to Brazil. Because of shipping carrier requirements, orders going to Brazil must include the CPF number of both the order recipient and store owner, if they're a registered taxpayer in Brazil.
If you’re not a registered taxpayer in Brazil, you won’t have a store owner's CPF and aren’t required to add it to your orders (if you're registered, you'll find details on submitting your CPF below). However, adding the recipient's CPF number is mandatory for everyone.
If your orders don’t contain the recipient's CPF number, they may be rejected by shipping carriers or be stuck at customs. To avoid shipping delays, any time you send an order to Brazil, you need to reach out to your customer to get their CPF number.
Once you’ve got your customer’s CPF number, you’ll have to add it to each order manually while we’re working on a permanent solution. For now, here’s how to add the CPF number to your order:
- Go to Dashboard > Orders and select the On Hold status filter
- Find the order with the missing CPF number and select Remove hold
- Add the CPF number in the respective field (use the format 000.000.000-00) and click Update order
If your order doesn’t contain recipient CPF, we’ll put your orders to Brazil on a temporary hold to avoid them getting stuck during delivery. Once your order is updated, we’ll remove the hold and fulfill your order.
Please update your order with your customer’s CPF number within 30 days. Any orders that are on hold for more than 30 days will be canceled and refunded.
The two following cases are exceptions when we won't put your orders to Brazil on hold, but you'll still need the recipient's CPF for both:
- Manually placed orders. If you manually submit an order to Brazil directly in the Printful Dashboard, you’ll be required to enter the CPF number in the shipping address to submit the order.
- Orders imported from Shopify. Here, your customer will be able to enter their Brazilian address and CPF themselves, and it’ll be added to the order automatically.
If you are a registered taxpayer in Brazil, submit your Brazilian CPF number to Printful and we’ll automatically add it as a part of your billing address to your order and customs invoices for all orders shipped to Brazil.
Submitting your CPF number won’t exempt you from any tax charges, but it’ll ensure an optimal shipping process for your domestic and international orders to Brazil.
Here’s how you can submit your Brazilian CPF:
- Go to your Printful Dashboard
- Go to Billing > Brazil CPF
- Enter your CPF number in the respective field (use the format 000.000.000-00) and click Submit