Yes, you can! Printful accepts payments in cryptocurrency, but there are some conditions you should keep in mind:
- You can choose crypto as your payment method when manually creating new orders or add crypto funds to your Printful Wallet. Both options are available only if you are a registered Printful user and have a Printful account.
- We offer crypto payments for transactions in USD only. This means that you can choose cryptocurrency as a payment method only if you choose to pay for your orders in USD. Adding cryptocurrency funds is only possible for your USD Printful Wallet.
- For any payments with crypto, including adding and withdrawing Printful Wallet funds, you’ll be charged the mining fee, applied by the crypto wallet service you’re using. You won’t see the mining fee per transaction in your Printful Dashboard but it’ll be visible in your crypto wallet.
You can pay Printful using the following cryptocurrencies:
- Bitcoin (BTC: on-chain, off-chain with Coinbase, and Lightning)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Shiba Inu Coin (SHIB)
- 5 USD-pegged stablecoins (GUSD, USDC, USDP, DAI, and BUSD)
This list is subject to change and depends on what our crypto payments provider, BitPay, offers. You can read more about which currencies and crypto wallets are compatible with BitPay here.
Here’s how you can pay with cryptocurrency for your new order:
1. Create a new manual order (you can check out our guidelines on how to create manual orders).
2. Follow the flow up until the order review step. There, confirm the order information, enter your billing information, choose cryptocurrency as your billing method, and click Pay securely now.
3. You'll get redirected to the page of our service provider BitPay, where you have to select the crypto wallet you’ll use for the payment.
4. Then you’ll be required to sign in to your crypto wallet. Press the Connect account button and follow the steps that your crypto wallet provider requires.
5. When you’ve successfully connected to your crypto wallet, choose the cryptocurrency you want to use for the payment.
6. Now you’ll see the details of the transaction and have an option to either scan the QR code, press the Pay button located on the page, or copy and paste the transaction details to your crypto wallet.
The steps you take in the crypto wallet to confirm the transaction and make the payment will differ depending on which crypto wallet service you use. There’s a limited time to complete the transaction, and you‘ll see the timer next to the transaction details. The time you’ll be given depends on which crypto wallet you’re using—some crypto wallets take more time than others to process the transaction from the payment initiation until the transaction approval.
7. If you had a successful transaction and managed to complete it on time, the QR code with transaction details and timer will change to show confirmation of a successful payment. You can now press the Return to Printful button.
8. If the time allowed for the transaction runs out before you finalize the transfer, the created invoice will expire, and the payment won’t be finalized. Back in your Printful Dashboard, in your payment history, you’ll see your crypto payment with the status Failed. In this case, you should start over from Step 1.
9. When the transaction is complete, in the Orders section of your Printful Dashboard you’ll see your new order with the status Pending. You can also find the transaction details in your Billing: Payments view. At first, the transaction will have the status Pending. It will take up to 2 days to change to Completed. Then the status of your new order will change to Waiting for fulfillment.
Note: The BitPay interface and actions you’ll be required to complete may differ from what’s described in steps 3–7 if BitPay makes any adjustments to its interface without our knowledge.