For using our warehousing services, we’ll charge you the monthly minimum storage fee. The fee will be applied for every month during which you had any stock in Printful warehouses, and we’ll charge it on the first day of the following calendar month.
The monthly minimum storage fees USD 150 / EUR 150 / GBP 135 / CAD 210. It applies to non-Printful products that you deliver to our warehouses and that we send out to your customers (e.g., handmade jewelry that you produce yourself or fiction books you sell on your online bookstore).
We’ll apply a smaller monthly minimum storage fee of USD 25 / EUR 22 / GBP 20 / CAD 35 if you choose to stock only:
- Print-on-demand items made by Printful
- Your branding items (custom packaging and pack-ins)
- Your returned items
This means that, no matter how much space your stock takes, the storage fee you’ll need to pay every month won’t be smaller than USD 150 (if you send to our warehouses any non-Printful items, excluding branding items) and USD 25 (if you only stock Printful products, returns, and branding items).
To check if you’ll need to pay more than this minimum fee, you’ll need to sum up the space your inventory takes up in all of our warehouses and multiply it by the monthly storage fee rate.
The monthly storage fee rate we use is based on the amount of space your stock takes, measured in cubic feet:
- 1–25 cubic feet = USD 1.60 / EUR 1.40 / GBP 1.30 / CAD 2.20 per cubic foot
- 25–300 cubic feet = USD 1.25 / EUR 1.10 / GBP 1.05 / CAD 1.70 per cubic foot
- 300+ cubic feet = USD 0.80 / EUR 0.70 / GBP 0.65 / CAD 1.00 per cubic foot
Please note that the storage price for the first 25 cubic feet that you use will always stay the same (USD 1.60 per cubic foot) even if you use more space in total.
Example: If you use 26 cubic feet of storage space, you’ll pay USD 1.60 per cubic foot for the first 25 cubic feet, and then pay USD 1.25 for the 1 cubic foot that falls into the second tier.
Here’s an example of how we’ll calculate a storage fee for your products:
Let’s imagine that you used our warehousing services in November and calculate the fee for the whole month. On November 11 you stocked your Printful t-shirts (with cookie design printed on them) and they took up24 cu. ft. of storage space. And then on November 21, preparing for an upcoming campaign, you sent to us a shipment of your handmade cookie-shaped earrings, increasing the total used space to 30 cu. ft.. Here’s how the calculations will go:
Storage fee for the time period from November 11 to 20:
24 x 1.60 / 3 = USD 12.80
Since you haven’t used the warehousing service for a full month, we’ll only charge you for the days when you used it. From November 11 to 20 you used 24 cubic feet of storage space.
Up to 25 cubic feet, the storage fee for the whole month is USD 1.60 per cubic foot. You only used this space for 10 days (which is ⅓ of a month), so we can divide the monthly storage fee by 3 and multiply it by 24—the number of cubic feet that you used.
Alternatively, we could divide the monthly storage fee of 1.60 USD by 30 days to get a daily rate and then multiply it by 10 to get the fee due for 10 days of storage.
Storage fee for the time period from November 21 to 30:
(25 x 1.60 + 5 x 1.25) / 3 = (40 + 6.25) / 3 = USD 15.42
During this time you had 30 cubic feet of storage. This is a period of 10 days (which is ⅓ of a month), so we’ll be able to divide the monthly fee by 3.
The first 25 cubic feet have the same price of USD 1.60 per cubic foot, but for the extra 5 cubic feet of storage space, the price decreases to USD 1.25 per cubic foot.
The total storage fee for the month of November:
12.80 + 15.42 = 28.22 USD
You are due 12.80 USD in storage fees from November 11 to November 20, and another USD 15.42 in storage fees from November 21 to November 30. Your monthly storage fee is the sum of both of these numbers.
The monthly storage fee we’ll charge you for November:
The total storage fee rounded up to be USD 28.22. It’s bigger than the minimum storage fee (USD 25) we apply for stocking your Printful-produced products. But you sent us your custom stock (handmade earrings), so we’ll apply the minimum storage fee of USD 150.
Some more things to keep in mind:
- You’ll be charged the monthly minimum storage fee even if you send us the inventory close to the end of a calendar month.
- Even though we calculate your total inventory volume in all our warehouses, you’ll get a separate invoice for each location your inventory is stored in. This is to comply with local tax regulations and to charge you the correct tax amount.
- Make sure your billing method is up to date and you have sufficient funds in your bank account on the first day of the month when we charge the storage fee. If the transaction is unsuccessful, we’ll suspend your inventory and you won’t be able to sell it. Once you cover the storage fee, get in touch with email@example.com and we’ll unsuspend your inventory so it’s sellable again.
Storage fees will be charged in your preferred warehouse currency and based on the warehouse location.
- Warehouse currency
Set your default warehouse currency that you’ll want us to charge your storage fees in.
- Warehouse location
Our warehouses have fixed storage fees in their local currency—USD for the US warehouses, CAD for Canada, GBP for the UK, and EUR for the warehouses in the European Union.
If your default warehouse currency is USD, but you also keep stock in our Europe and Canada warehouses where the local currencies are EUR, GBP, and CAN, we’ll charge you a floating storage fee that’ll depend on the exchange rate. We use the previous month’s average fixed rate and update prices on the first day of the month so they don’t fluctuate every day.
Example: Your default warehouse currency is USD, you have stock in the EU and the US. We charge your storage fees in USD, but since some of your inventory is in the EU, we convert that warehouse storage fee from EUR to USD.
To follow the local tax regulations, Printful will charge:
- 21%* Value Added Tax (VAT) on your monthly storage fees for the warehouses in Latvia and Spain
- 20% Value Added Tax (VAT) on your monthly storage fees for the warehouse in the UK
- 13%* Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) on your monthly storage fees for the warehouse in Ontario, Canada
*Tax rates might change depending on the country’s legislation, so always check on the respective (Canada, Spain, Latvia, or the UK) tax online resources.