Every day we sum the volume your inventory takes up in all our warehouses and multiply it by the storage rate depending on the unit count you store. On the first day of the following calendar month, we sum the past month’s daily storage costs and charge you the monthly storage fee.
The monthly minimum storage fee is $25/€22/C$35/£20, so if your inventory storage fees round-up below our minimum fee, we’ll charge you the monthly minimum either way.
Example: It’s March 15 and we’ve stocked in 100 pencils you sent for storage. The size of each pencil is 7″ × 1.7″ × 1.7″, and all 100 of them take up 1 cubic foot of storage space. Your daily storage rate is $1.30 per cubic foot. Let’s imagine you’re saving the pencils for a special sale in April, so all 100 pencils remain in your stock until April 1. For the 18 days (March 15–April 1) of storage, you’d have to pay $23.40 ($1.30 × 18 days), but since those costs didn’t exceed the monthly minimum fee of $25, you’d have to pay the difference of $1.20. Your total would be $25 in storage fees for the month of March.
Some things to keep in mind:
- You’ll be charged with the monthly minimum storage fee even if you send us the inventory close to the end of a calendar month.
- Even though we calculate your total inventory volume in all our warehouses, you’ll get a separate invoice for each location your inventory is stored in. This is to comply with local tax regulations and to charge you the correct tax amount.
- Make sure your billing method is up to date and you have sufficient funds in your bank account on the first day of the month when we charge the storage fee. If the transaction is unsuccessful, we’ll suspend your inventory and you won’t be able to sell it. Once you cover the storage fee, get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll unsuspend your inventory so it’s sellable again.
Storage fees will be charged in your preferred warehouse currency and based on the warehouse location.
- Warehouse currency
Set your default warehouse currency that you’ll want us to charge your storage fees in.
- Warehouse location
Our warehouses have fixed storage fees in their local currency—USD for the US warehouses, CAD for Canada, and EUR for the warehouses in Europe.
If your default warehouse currency is USD, but you also keep stock in our Europe and Canada warehouses where the local currencies are EUR and CAN, we’ll charge you a floating storage fee that’ll depend on the exchange rate. We use the previous month’s average fixed rate and update prices on the first day of the month so they don’t fluctuate every day.
Example: Your default warehouse currency is USD, you have stock in Europe and the US. We charge your storage fees in USD, but since some of your inventory is in the EU, we convert that warehouse storage fee from EUR to USD.
To follow the local tax regulations, Printful will charge:
- 21%* Value Added Tax (VAT) on your monthly storage fees for the warehouses in Latvia, Europe
- 13%* Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) on your monthly storage fees for the warehouse in Ontario, Canada