This only applies to you if you use Printful’s API custom-made solutions for developers.
- Why is Printful launching a new version of API?
The updates made to Printful’s API involve a host of new features, enhancements, and improvements.
Some of the highlights include:
- Flexibility to build order objects and separately add items.
- Precise shipment details, including accurate Estimated Delivery Times, departure country, and tracking events.
- Webhooks packed with robust security features, including HTTPS enforcement, expiration date, and request signing for a safer data exchange.
- New Webhook events, including price change alerts and real-time stock updates.
- Extended product information, filtering, DSR support, images, and pricing endpoints.
- General changes
- Time Standardization for returned times across the API with ISO 8601 format and a single time zone (UTC).
- Performance improvements across all endpoints, ensuring quick response times.
- When does it start?
- Open Beta test start: September 14, 2023
- Open Beta test end: 1st quarter of 2024
- Official API Version 2 release: 2nd quarter of 2024
- Why should I join the Open Beta test?
- Be among the first to explore the new features and enhancements before the official release.
- By actively engaging with the Beta version and sharing your insights, you will contribute directly to refining the API’s final version, ensuring that it meets your needs and expectations.
- How do I participate in the Open Beta test?
Participating in the Open Beta test is simple:
- Create or use an already created private token for authorization. The new major version of endpoints is in BETA, although they can be used in a live environment.
- Access the API V2 documentation here.
- Test and provide feedback: Explore the new features, experiment with the enhancements, and share your feedback through our dedicated feedback form.