Transactions can fail for two reasons—they get declined by your bank or they get declined by Printful. When your transaction to Printful fails, we’ll send you an error message, and let you know if to resolve the issue you need to contact us or ask your bank for help.
These are the usual culprits for credit cards:
- Insufficient funds in your Printful Wallet or on your credit card.
- The daily payment limits were reached. For example, it can happen during the holiday season if you get an influx of orders and reach the transaction limits set by your bank. The influx of small payments can also make your bank suspect fraud attempts and block your card.
- Anti-fraud measures imposed by some credit card companies that can reject international charges (could be the case if you’re using a non-US credit card).
- A glitch with the back-end processing network—in the order view or your Dashboard > Billing > Payments next to a failed transaction you’ll see a message that says “Processor Network Unavailable”. This means that our payment processor is having some short-term technical difficulties. Please try the transaction again. If that doesn’t work, use a different payment method, or contact your credit card provider.
- Adding an incorrect credit card number or expiration date when selecting a payment method.
These are the usual culprits for payment methods:
- If you see a message that says “PayPal pending payments are not supported,” please reach out to PayPal customer support and ask for your payments to be reviewed.
- Similar to the culprits for credit cards, there could be a glitch with the back-end processing network. In the order view or Payments section of your Dashboard, you’ll see a “Processor Network Unavailable” message. Please wait a bit, and then try the transaction again. If that doesn’t work, try a different payment method or contact your credit card provider
If your order failed because you didn’t add a default payment method to your Printful account, you’ll need to add a payment method and confirm the order again. You can add a payment method under Billing > Add Payment Method. After you’ve added a payment method, confirm the order by going to Orders, then click on the specific order, then click Confirm.In case you have multiple failed orders, you can bulk-approve them with one payment.