Live rates are carrier-calculated real-time rates. These rates are available for:
- Shopify Advanced plan users
- Users of other Shopify plans who request live rates to be added to their stores for $20/month
- WooCommerce users
- Ecwid Venture, Business, and Unlimited plan users
- Custom stores set up through our API
- Manual orders
If you enable live rates for your store, customers will see two options at checkout:
- Express (1–3 business days in the US, Canada, and internationally)
- Standard (3–6 business days in the US, 4–7 business days in Canada, 5–20 business days internationally)
Express rates are calculated in real time, while Standard rates are fixed. Get an overview of all Standard rates on our shipping page.
We choose the most suitable and reliable carrier for your shipment, taking into account the shipping method that’s been selected and the end address. You or your customer will see the specific carrier delivering the package in the order confirmation email.
Only the options available for a particular address will appear at checkout. For example, if Express shipping is not available for a specific destination, a customer will only see the Standard rate.
Many carriers require phone numbers for Express delivery. If a customer chooses Express shipping, be sure to ask for their phone number in advance to prevent their order from being put on hold.