Printful’s sample program allows ecommerce store owners to order products with a 20% discount. Sample orders let you test the quality of Printful products and see how your designs look in real life. We also recommend ordering samples to create unique mockup photography and social media giveaways.
Your monthly sample order limit grows with your store:
- Each registered Printful customer qualifies for 1 sample order each month, with a maximum of 3 items per order. If your monthly accumulated sales reach $300 or more, you’ll get promoted for a maximum of 5 items per sample order in the following month. Note that sample orders are available for ecommerce store owners only. Sample orders reset on the 1st day of every month.
- You get an additional sample order when your monthly accumulated sales reach the following thresholds: $100, $300, $500, or $1,500. The maximum number of monthly sample orders per customer is 5 orders. Your monthly accumulated sales are calculated with this formula: Total order sum − discounts − shipping − tax/VAT + digitization + Printful services (warehousing, design, photo, video, store setup, etc.)
- If you reach $100+ in monthly accumulated sales, you’ll also get free digitization for your sample orders during the next month.
Your sample program will be reset to the order/item maximum according to your last month’s accumulated sales. You can view your current monthly sample allowance and a forecast for next month in the Discounts section in your Printful Dashboard.
Important things to note:
Customs fees are calculated based on the retail price you set in the order process:
In the first step of the order flow, you can edit the retail price to match our product price and keep the customs fees to a minimum.
Certain wall art products are only available for sample orders in specific sizes:
- Framed Posters (in) in size 8″ × 10″ and Canvas (in) in size 12″ × 12″ are available for sample orders.
- Posters without frames are available as samples in all sizes.
Accounts abusing our sample orders policy will be deleted.
- Creating a new account to place a sample order violates our sample order policy.
- Sample orders are meant for you to test the products and designs, not to be sold. This is why you’ll only be able to use up to three shipping addresses for all of your sample orders.
- Printful's coupon codes and gift cards cannot be used on sample orders. They can be used for basic orders only.