There are two ways to import orders:
- You can use our template and fill in all the fields. You’ll find the template at the bottom when you open the data import tool.
- You can use your own data file that includes specific information
Here’s what to keep in mind when preparing the data file:
- You can only include already synced products
- The file should be in either CSV or XLS format
- Each row should represent a separate product variant
- You can include up to 10,000 rows in the spreadsheet
To make sure that your orders are imported correctly, your spreadsheet should include columns with the following information:
- Order ID—identification number that you choose yourself. It can contain either letters, numbers, or both. If the same ID is repeated in multiple rows, these products will be combined in the same order.
- Product ID—identification number of an already synced product in the store. You can find product ID under the product name when you open Stores.
- Variant ID—identification number of an already synced product variant in your store. You can find variant ID under the product name when you open the product in Stores. There, you’ll see all the variants.
- Quantity—number of product variants ordered
- Full name—first and last name of the recipient of the order
- Company (optional)
- Address line 1—street name and number of the recipient of the order
- Address line 2 (optional)—you can include apartment number, building name, or any other relevant information
- State/Province/Prefecture—mandatory for orders going to the USA, Canada, and Japan
- Country—a two-letter code (e.g. “US”)
- Postal/ZIP code—postal/ZIP code of the recipient of the order
- Phone number (optional)—we’ll use it to contact the recipient about the delivery
You can decide what to name the columns. During Step 2 of the order import process, you’ll be asked to choose which column names represent what information.
For example, let’s imagine that you have a column titled “Name” that includes the recipient’s full name. In Step 2, you’ll be able to select in the dropdown menu that “Name” stands for “Full name.” Then, the order import tool will recognize this information automatically.